It is with a joyful heart that I take this opportunity to tell you that 2020 is not your year. I know you were excited as you celebrated the dawn of a new year. Some of you were singing and dancing in diverse religious settings, making declarations for the year. Others were counting down to the new year while partying in different environments while others like myself chose to snore our way into the new year. Regardless of where you were doing whatever you were up to, the message is still the same – This is not your year. Before you frown upon my message and brush this off as another useless rhetoric, allow me to explain.
This will not be your year if…
• You are going to do the same things you were doing before and keep repeating the same mistakes
• You are going to keep the old company from yesterday and not make an effort to network with different people who are at a higher level than you in life so that you can learn a thing or two from them
• You plan to stay rooted in your comfort zone and not try something new
• You choose to embrace fear and let it dictate what you can and cannot do
• You are not going to be intentional about self-development
• You decide to celebrate ignorance and be an I-know-it-all who does not accept any constructive criticism
• You plan to waste your time trying to be like someone else instead of embracing your uniqueness
• You are going to sit and not act on your words, as I said before an idea is only as good as its implementation. Where there is no action, there will be no results to talk of
• Lastly, if you plan to go through life as a victim, thinking the world owes you an apology. It doesn’t.
If this is you, then rest assured this will not be your year!
This year and every other year belongs to those who choose to work on their goals. It belongs to those who refuse to stay in their comfort zone but are willing to inconvenience themselves to accomplish their goals. The year 2020 belongs to those who dare to dream, believe, confess and, ACT on their goals.
As I conclude, one quote comes to mind that says, ‘Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.’ I sincerely hope you won’t choose to be among the insane this year. I rest my case!
You must log in to post a comment.